Are Twitter, Facebook, and Myspace feeds sucking up your time? Tired of logging into each site to check and update your feeds? Here are some must have applications to manage your social networking feeds more efficiently.
- Need to purge all direct mails.
- Need to schedule future tweets.
- Need to automatically follow back those who follow me.
- Need to automatically unfollow those who unfollow me.
- Need to send an automatic welcome direct message.
- Need a digest of Twitter replies emailed to me.
- Need to bulk delete multiple tweets.
Solution: The free version of Social Oomph will do all that. They have even more features in the paid version. Social Oomph allows you to manage multiple Twitter accounts under a single account on their site. If you choose to auto follow and auto unfollow, your Twitter friends count will always be balanced unless you manually follow someone.
Problem: Need to publish the same tweet on multiple Twitter accounts.
- Need to see all my Twitter, Facebook, and Myspace feeds on one screen.
- Need to post a feed or update on Twitter, Facebook, and Myspace.
- Need to post to multiple Twitter accounts from one entry.
- Need auto shrinking of urls while I type.
- Need to backup my Twitter accounts.
- Need to preview photos and videos from feeds.
- Need to organize Twitter friends with groups.
- Need to manage conversions.
- Need to avoid Twitter spam.
Solution: Tweetdeck can do that and it will run on Windows, Mac OS, iPhone and Linux.
Problem: I want to clean up my followers and those I’m following. I want to bulk delete some of them.
Solution: Twitter Karma can group your followers by:
- Those who follow you but you don’t follow them.
- Those whom you follow but they don’t follow you.
- Mutual friends.
Once you have them grouped, you can sort them by A-Z, Z-A, last updated, or follower count. From there, you can unfollow or follow some or all in that group. (As of January 2010, Twitter Karma no longer does bulk unfollow because it violates Twitter’s rules) . Keep in mind Twitter has a limit of 2,000 people you can follow until 2,000 people have followed you. Once you cross 2,000, the limit is based on a ratio. Twitter Karma only works on one Twitter account at a time.
Problem: I want to post and read Twitter feeds from the Firefox browser.
Solution: Echofon can do that and it can manage multiple Twitter accounts. Be careful adding Twitter accounts with thousands of follows as it can slow your browser down to a crawl when it retrieves those feeds.
Problem: I want my WordPress blog to automatically update Twitter when I post and I want my Twitter post to display on a sidebar widget.
Solution: Twitter Tools will do that.
Do you have any other great Twitter or feed tools? Feel free to add your favorite in comments. Outright spam will be deleted. The ones I like will be added to this list.