via 8.8-magnitude earthquake hits central Chile – Yahoo! News.
By EVA VERGARA, Associated Press Writer Eva Vergara, Associated Press Writer – 1 min ago
SANTIAGO, Chile – A massive 8.8-magnitude earthquake struck Chile early Saturday, killing at least 78 people, collapsing buildings and setting off a tsunami. A huge wave reached a populated area in the Robinson Crusoe Islands, 410 miles (660 kilometers) off the Chilean coast, said President Michele Bachelet. Tsunami warnings were issued over a wide area, including South America, Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand, Japan, the Philippines, Russia and many Pacific islands.
Related articles by Zemanta
- 8.3-Magnitude Quake Hits Chile (nytimes.com)
- Huge quake hits Chile, sparks tsunami warning (msnbc.msn.com)
- Powerful earthquake rattles Chile (cnn.com)
- Massive earthquake strikes Chile (news.bbc.co.uk)
- USGS reports 8.3-magnitude earthquake hits Chile (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Huge earthquake hits Chile (telegraph.co.uk)