Edit: December 16, 2010. I had originally hidden this post as the matter came to a close and I didn’t want Daniel Colegrove to get any more attention. But I just found out he is perpetrating more lies in the MyLesPaul.com forum (P1 P2 P3 P4 P5) so I’m reopening this posts to allow Google and other search engines to reindex this for the benefit of his future victims. One more thing. High five to mylespaul forum member Harmony.
Breaking news: Clare Hesse is alive and she does not have cancer
For those who don’t know what’s going on, a member on Model Mayhem announced on September 29, 2010 she was dying of cancer. It was followed by a large outpouring of love and support by the community and everyone was told she died 2 weeks later on October 15th. People started to get suspicious when no details were provided about her life, sickness, or funeral arrangements. Members separated into two camps, believers and doubters. Simple questions posed to Daniel Colegrove, the only person who claims to have known her and was her caretaker, went unanswered. This fueled more doubt and he eventually closed his account without providing any answers only to show up here to provide fewer answers. (Daniel has since deleted his comments from that thread so you will only see the replies to his comments. There was nothing substantial anyway.) Shortly after Daniel replied and left in that thread, an anonymous Facebook user named Tom Shields with a cartoon avatar and no info joined the group to say he spoke to Clare five times. When asked to verify his identity, he decline and his membership was revoked as anonymous profiles are a violation of Facebook’s terms of service.
I can’t take credit for all of this. I’m simply consolidating information I and others have found on the net about Daniel Colegrove’s circle jerk of references. Decide for yourself the “truthiness” of these events.
- Mar 24, 2007: Clare Hesse creates a profile on Model Mayhem with four pictures from Daniel Colegrove aka Image is Nothing. For 3.5 years, no new images are ever uploaded despite her being active on the forum with 817 posts, multiple offers to shoot, and living in Los Angeles, CA. Eventually, she would become a gatekeeper and a member of an advisory group setup to offer opinions about site policy. Gatekeepers approve profiles on Model Mayhem by casting yes or no votes. 3 of 5 votes are required for approval or rejection.
- March 27, 2007: Someone named Claire posts a glowing testimonial about Daniel’s wedding photography.
- July 2007: Someone named Claire Edison used a picture from Clare Hesse to posts a glowing testimonial about Daniel’s headshot photography. A Google search of “Claire Edison” reveals no information about anyone who might use a headshot.
- October 2008: Conveniently, on the same headshot testimonial page, someone named Anna Giselle also post a testimonial about Daniel. She claims to have an agent but she needs to fire her agent because she has zero web presence as it relates to entertainment arts.
- October 4, 2008: Flip over to Model Mayhem and BAM! a profile of Anna Giselle with five pictures shot by Daniel and no other updates since then. Look familiar? After months lying dormant, Anna mysteriously logs in after her profile was made public. She then tags Clare’s profile offering her condolences and proceeds to remove Daniel from her top 12 list of friends.
- Someone named DMarx post in a thread he works for Daniel and have met Clare. He then promptly closes his profile. Daniel then confirms Dmarx exist and that he saw him close his profile. (Circle jerk of references)
- Another model account (cached) connected to Daniel is either canceled or closed.
- Someone named Moshe Richart writes a wikipedia page about Daniel Colegrove and references a website with less than 10 pages with heroic articles about Daniel’s coverage of 3 world conflicts and spending time in a Chilean prison. Moshe Richart conveniently dies in 2008. There is no journalist named Moshe Richart dead or alive.
- Then someone named Myra Edison adds a few tidbits and she also serves are reference for Moshe Richart. She is also quoted in the fake website with those heroic articles. It appears Clare Hesse became Claire Edison who then became Myra Edison. This Wikipedia page is then used as reference in Daniel’s bio on his website. (Circle jerk of references)
- When asked about Myra Edison, Daniel replied “…I do know a M. Edison… Just didn’t know she was using Clare’s image.”
- In this post, Daniel claims Clare’s legal name is Myra Holden. That’s not to be confused with Claire Edison or Myra Edison or M. Edison.
- Sometime late on October 23rd, someone logged into Clare’s Model Mayhem account and removed all her photos.
- Clare’s profile was removed on October 24th.
- A member reported someone named DCColegrove has been banned from a BMW forum in part for this thread.
- October 25th: The real Clare is found and is identified as Clarissa Cromwell, a friend of Daniel Colegrove’s daughter.
- October 25th: Apparently, ”Myra Edison” also lives as she is in his wikipedia page desperately trying to save his fluff piece from deletion by removing unreferenced statements.
- October 25th: All content on http://www.digitalphotojournalist.org/ is removed. That was the site used as reference for Daniel’s Wikipedia bio.
- November 6th: Daniel Colegrove goes in the My Les Paul forum (P1 P2 P3 P4 P5) and starts spinning new lies claiming he was hacked.
Comments are closed. Add your views here.